- MacOS 10.13 "High Sierra" minimum
How to install the agent:
The .NET Core is not required to use this agent, and no problem will occurs because of it is already installed.
- Download link for the agent : https://www.wan-pulse.com/download/provconnect-macos-agent-2-23-1?wpdmdl=8093
- Unzip the downloaded file, a .pkg file wille be extracted
- Start the installation by double-clicking on the .pkg file, a warning will be shown because the developer is not approved
- Go to Settings > Security and Confidentiality > General in order to allow the execution of the .pkg file
- The installation can be started again. The .pkg file could be opened automatically afetr allowing its execution.
- Follow the steps in the installer. It will require the root rights, so a dialog will ask you your password.
- Before the end of the installation, a dialog box will ask you the url of your proVconnect server. Enter it without starting with "https://", just use the domain name of your server, not the IP address.
- Once done, the agent will be started and you will be able to enroll it on your proVconnect server after a little bit time, 5 minutes max.
This video (UI is in french) can be help you to understand how to install agent.
- online offline status
- very minimal inventory
- Host name
- online / offline status
- Mac Address
- product name
- OS name and version
- CPU type and speed
- HD size
- proVconnect agent version
- IP address
- Custom comments
- send command (and receive result)
- execute commands and receive acknolegment of the status
- program tasks at any chosen time
- push and pull files
- Compliance is limited to the inventory information
- Scenarios (atumatic configuration) will be limited to actions played when a device joins a group and to the limited inventory
Non supported features on the MacOS proVconnect agent:
- Remote control