The proVconnect Server allows administrators to create compliance templates. These templates contains rules that helps measure the compliance percentage of your devices.
Important: Only the users having the Device Compliance profile rule can use this feature.
The Compliance Rules is a feature which allows you to make your your devices are compliant with the rules you set. This feature is very broad and you can check the:
Each rule's compliance result is displayed in a very clear way as a mini dashboard.
This menu allows you to create compliance templates for your devices groups. These templates are a list of properties that your devices must follow to be tagged as compliant. The compliancy of a device is renewed every time its inventory is refreshed.
Refresh the list : Refresh the compliancy percentage for your templates
Add a new compliance template : Go to the edition view of a compliance template
This page allows the administrator to view and edit a compliance template
Compliancy properties are divided into 5 differents categories :
· Devices Hardware (Computer, Bios, Motherboards and Processors)
· Hard disks and cards (Network, Memory, Disk, Partition and Video Card)
· Peripherals (Monitor, Pointing device, Keyboard, Printer, Sound device)
· Softwares and OS (Applications, Qfe, OS, Device security)
· Manager Configuration (Devices group, Device tags, Monitoring rules)
: Delete a property
: Edit a property
A) Property dialog for single values
Single Value Exemple : The model of a computer
· Dialog Title : The name of the type for this property
· Chose a property : All available properties for the current type
· Choose a comparator : The comparator used to compare the actual values of the devices and the compliancy value set in this editor.
· Unit Type : can be Text, Date, Integer, Version…
· Enter the value to check : The input of the desired compliancy value
· Results Available : All the existing result for this property in the database
· Joker Character : Use * to replace any string of characters.
B) Property dialogs for list values
list of Values Exemple : The version of ultra VNC on the device is 2.11.1
· Target Devices : The name of the type for this property
o Any : At least one installed applications must satisfy the condition
o All : All the installed applications must satisfy the condition
o Application Installed Name : All application with this name must satisfy the condition
B) Template Actions
· Application scope : The devices group where the compliance template are applied
· View : A link to the details view for the compliance template
· Edit : A link to the edition view for the compliance template
· Delete : The deletion button for the compliance template.
Compliance Application scope dialog
This dialog shows the Application scope tree for the compliance template
A template can be applied and removed on/from any groups, without any limitations. Once a template scope is updated, the compliancy is calculated again.
Compliance View Details
This view shows, for every properties of your templates, the details of the compliancy result.
It is possible to click on the compliant/Non-Compliant device numbers for any properties, to filter on these devices on the Devices list of the server.
Compliance View Details on the devices list
There is a compliance colum in the devices list, that shows the compliance percentage for all the devices.
It is possible to click on the compliance percentage to open the specific details for the selected device.
Compliance View Details in the single view of a device
On the single view of a device, we can find the list of all the compliant and non compliant properties applying to this device.
The conformity properties set on a device can come from different compliance rules